A Huffalump lives here: Transformers - Crash For the New Generation?
Google

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Transformers - Crash For the New Generation?

Transformers

- More than meets the eye?


Well as an old coot from the eighties I was somewhat disappointed.

Where is the cool music???


Okie so the original music from the series is a little obiang by today's standards, but the music from Transformers: The Movie is a real doozy. Way cool!

Things Like

  • "you can win if you dare" - I don't know the title, but it has Hot Rod cruisin' some cool

  • The touch - Optimus Prime's entry music haha, oh and Optimus whipped Megatron's cybertronic butt, not the other way round lol

  • And the theme song. - Metal for the kids ;)


Oh and how can one forget the iconic "Dare to be Stupid" by Weird Al =)


Still the movie (the real CGI one) is not too bad, at least the robots look real enough, and Bumblebee was hilarious. I do wish the Autobot and Decepticon insignia was larger =P

Starscream did'nt look like Starscream *hic* did'nt look like Starscream, then again neither does Ironhide and em.. actually everyone!!

Except Optimus, and even then, instead of a faceplate, they give him a face this time! Ermm.. yeah!

I guess as a first movie it had to sort of introduce, exactly what is a Transformer.

And to be fair, even the storyline is sketchy, what with the franchise going up and down.

I think this is a show the young will like (most of the people I know are like 20+ and they seem to like it). The gals are like "the big robots are oh so cute!!!"... ermm yah =)

Really if you have caught the movie "Transformers". Go catch "Transformers:The Movie", it is darker and way way cooler ;)

I mean the show was practically PG, nobody died (except for one autobot). No blood was spilled. This was with hugh hulking robots trashing the city and no one got squished. tsk tsk. No it can get really bad (think Animatrix, or Pan's Labyrinth) I know, but I dunno its almost unreal. Oh yah the jokes were corny, but hey the original series was corny too, so I'm cool with that. =P

All in all, I felt alienated from someone watching the movie from the perspective of the old cartoons and so on.

But watching the original series, and comparing it with what kids watch today. I have to admit, the franchise is really gearing for the new generation of fans, not eighties cooties like me. Our time was that of Transformers:The Movie.

And yes, I did enjoy the movie =) I just thought it could have done the original more justice.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Firefox 2
Support Wikipedia