A Huffalump lives here: Magic the Gathering and World of Warcraft - my recent experience
Google

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Magic the Gathering and World of Warcraft - my recent experience

Well I bought Warcraft III as well as WoW...

yay....



sighs


I need to get a life bhwahahaha


Still checking out the intro video (which is a year old btw)

I cannot help but feel FF has a really though, if not impossible fight



On the other hand, being both a MTG player and a WOW noob, I really do not think WOW can break into MTG's CCG.


I stand by my earlier stance that, whichever CCG a dude/dudette plays really depends on whichever he/she started on first.

MTG has 15/16 years of TRADITION.

That is hard to beat.


Does WOW have anything like the Moxes? Lotus? P9?


Nope. Nuff said.



That said however, it not entirely impossible for WOW to take over MTG, but this is only possible if MTG drops the ball (something entirely possible given the way they act at times).

On the other hand looking at WOW, they really have the MMORPG estate carved out. I do not see FF competing.

It is not impossible to overtake them, but again they too may drop ball, again given the way they act.


Below is a set of emails that went back and forth...

Well I bought the disc... so you know it resolved happily... for them and maybe not for me (I will be the one wasting my life in the game haha)

In summary, I got locked out on my second login... god knows for what... apparently I exploited some account even though I only used the trial account for a day or so...

Now if you were a new customer what would be your reaction?

If you were accused of an act which if Blizzard decided to pull no punches and wanted to, could pursue charges and sue your sorry ass into financial oblivion. (Hacking is criminalised in the US afterall)



Think.




I thought so.



Still I am impressed with WOW amd MTG should be worried at least. I only have so many dollars =)


I have bought the WOW game disc, and yes I do not mind the 14.99 leaking every month.

I did'nt buy the boxes of morningtide I normally would have. In better times I would have gotten at least 10. Now I am thinking more like 4 or 6.

I spent my munny on IT books, and some text books.


But don't worry wizards, I am still getting morningtide, but not now ... maybe next month. You have'nt lost me with your price increase. You have just lost priority.




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

> ***Notice of Account Closure***
>
> Hello,
>
> This is a notification regarding the World of
> Warcraft account XXXX. Access to this account
> has been permanently disabled for exploitation of
> World of Warcraft through associated accounts which
> have been closed for intended exploitation. While
> we try to be as lenient as possible in our
> assessments of the results of exploitation
> investigations, reoccurring trends in exploitative
> endeavors on your accounts have ultimately lead to
> their closure. The recurring subscription on the
> account has been disabled to prevent further
> charges.
>
> As a result, this account will no longer be able to
> access any aspect of World of Warcraft. This action
> has been taken in accordance with the Terms of Use
>
(http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html)
> and our game policies
>
(http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowgm/?id=XXXX).
> According to the World of Warcraft Terms of Use, to
> which all players agree when installing World of
> Warcraft, Section 5, Paragraph C [Rules Related to
> Game Play] states that you may not do anything that
> Blizzard Entertainment considers contrary to the
> "essence" of World of Warcraft.
>
> Any disputes or questions concerning this account
> action can only be addressed by Account
> Administration. To learn more about how Account
> Administration is able to assist you, please visit
> us at http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowaa/.
>
> Thank you for your time and understanding of our
> position in this matter. Please feel free to
> contact us with any questions or concerns you may
> have.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi,


I have no idea what you are talking about, I only
played with this account once and it is a trial
account.

I log in a second time and this happens. I was really
thinking of getting the game disc but this incident
has really discouraged me from joining your online
games.

Imagine if I paid the money and I get locked out.

I do hope you can correct this quickly if you still
intend to keep your customers.

Best Regards,
Edmund

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the World of
Warcraft account you are using. We understand your point of view and have
thoroughly reviewed this issue. As a result, the account action has
been removed from the account and all involved parties have been
addressed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns
you may have. Thank you for your time and patience in this matter and
your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Firefox 2
Support Wikipedia